June Books

Jul. 1st, 2022 09:42 pm
pandop: (Default)
[personal profile] pandop
How is it half way through the year already? 

24: Miss Pinkerton Mary Roberts Rinehart [Kindle]

The May read for the Shedunnit book club. American Golden-Era this time. Quite a good plot and characters, even if the romance sub-plot was a bit cliched, but it could have been set anywhere.

25: This Golden Fleece: a journey through Britain's knitted history Esther Rutter

A birthday present from *last* year - ooops. More memoir and travelogue than history, but enjoyable nonetheless, and there are a fair few places I wouldn't mind visiting myself. 

26: What was lost Catherine O'Flynn [Kindle]

June's read for my in-person book group. I wasn't sure about this one to start with, but I really enjoyed the intertwining stories, even if I did think the ending was a bit rushed. Good discussion at book group too. 

27: The house of the Red Slayer Paul Doherty [Kindle] 

Book 2 in my *in order* (which I have never managed before) of my Brother Athelstan re-read

28: The Frangipani Tree mystery Ovidia Yu [Kindle]

Read based on many recommendations on Shedunnit, and in particular the episode on de-colonising mystery fiction. The first of a series set in 1930s Singapore, with a fantastic heroine. I think I am going to enjoy this series. 

29: The bookshop Penelope Fitzgerald [Kindle]

Finished in plenty of time for next week's book group meeting. Just as well as it is my choice of book. Completely new author to me, but I enjoyed the characters and the slice of 1950s East Anglia life. 



Profile

pandop: (Default)
pandop

September 2026

S M T W T F S
  12345
6789101112
13141516171819
20212223242526
272829 30   

Most Popular Tags

Style Credit

  • Style: Caturday - Orange Tabby for Heads Up by momijizuakmori

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags
Page generated Oct. 9th, 2026 03:22 pm
Powered by Dreamwidth Studios